Shelter SA is pleased to announce the launch of CapitalAsset - a bold, ethical and socially responsible innovation in housing. By creating unique partnerships between not-for-profit landowners and social impact investors, CapitalAsset Developments safely unlock land and under-used buildings, adding value while achieving both social outcomes and market rate returns.
CapitalAsset Launch and follow-up meeting
The CapitalAsset Launch held on Thursday 29 September was a great success! Approximately 50 people attended to hear from the CapitalAsset Housing Industry Innovation Panel. A second more informal CapitalAsset follow up meeting was held on Friday 28 October. If you'd like to know more about CapitalAsset or you'd like a confidential discussion with the Housing Industry Innovation Panel, please contact Dr. Alice Clark at email@example.com or phone 0425 060 649. You can also follow our new Twitter account @CapitalAssetSA.
Want to know more about CapitalAsset?
Please click on the following CapitalAsset brochures and information pages:
- Meet the CapitalAsset Industry Innovation Panel Members
- Media Release - CapitalAsset Media Release
- Returning Real Affordability to Housing - For many households, rent or mortgage payments are the largest cost in their budget. This is now a national crisis. As Government capacity to fund housing that is really affordable for the lower income households is limited and the cost to purchase or rent is increasing faster than personal incomes grow, it is clear a new approach is needed. That's why ShelterSA created CapitalAsset. The summary version can be found here: Housing that's Affordable.
- Rewarding People - CapitalAsset is increasing the availability of, income-based rental property. Understanding that appropriate, affordable housing is the basis upon which people can lift self-esteem, achieve better education, maintain employment and realise good health, this aims to improve people's lives and return real affordability to housing.
- Sense of Place - CapitalAsset is a non-traditional approach to property development. With sustainability in built form and designed to provide a positive sense of place, the CapitalAsset approach partners landowners with social impact investors in a bold, ethical and socially responsible housing innovation.
- Social Purpose - By creating unique partnerships between not-for-profit landowners and social impact investors, CapitalAsset Developments safely unlock land and under-used buildings, adding value while achieving both social outcomes and market rate returns.